Rutgers Law School and NJIPLA to Co-Host Fourth Annual Patent Law and Pharmaceuticals Symposium on September 21
The Honorable Garrett E. Brown, Jr., Chief Judge, U.S. District Court, District of New Jersey, will deliver the featured address on Tuesday, September 21, 2010, at Rutgers School of Law–Newark. The symposium is co-hosted by the law school’s Center for Law, Science and Technology and the New Jersey Intellectual Property Law Association, and is sponsored by Weil, Gotshal & Manges LLP.
Weil, Gotshal & Manges LLP is a New York Accredited Provider of Continuing Legal Education. Non-transitional credits in the areas of Professional Practice and Ethics & Professionalism will be granted for in-person attendance at this program.
|What:||Fourth Annual Patent Law and Pharmaceuticals Symposium|
|Who:||Transactional Issues in Intellectual Property|
• David R. Boyko, Esq., Legal Director, Merck & Co., Inc.
• Jeffrey D. Osterman, Partner, Weil, Gotshal & Manges LLP
• Robert E. Rudnick, Partner, Gibbons PC
• Jonathan S. Caplan, Partner, Kramer Levin Naftalis & Frankel LLP, moderator
The Hon. Garrett E. Brown, Jr., Chief Judge, U.S. District Court, District of New Jersey
The Future of Gene Patents
• Professor Eileen M. Kane, Ph.D., J.D., Penn State Law School
• Daniel B. Ravicher, Executive Director, Public Patents Foundation, Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law
• Hans Sauer, Ph.D., J.D., Deputy General Counsel for Intellectual Property, BIO (Biotechnology Industry Organization)
• Professor Sabrina Safrin, Co-Director, Center for Law, Science and Technology, Rutgers School of Law–Newark
Views of In-House Counsel
A conversation among senior in-house counsel regarding critical issues now confronting the pharmaceutical industry
• Gary Loeb, Esq., Vice President, Intellectual Property, Genentech, Inc.
• Gerard M. Devlin, Esq., Managing Counsel, Merck & Co., Inc.
• Jeffrey N. Myers, Ph.D., J.D., Vice President and Assistant General Counsel, Intellectual Property Enforcement, Pfizer, Inc.
• Nicholas Groombridge, Adjunct Professor, Rutgers School of Law–Newark, moderator
|When:||Tuesday, September 21, 2010. Registration begins at 11:15 am. Lunch at noon followed by first panel; panels conclude at 5:30 pm|
|Where:||Baker Trial Courtroom, Rutgers School of Law–Newark|