Following are some of the services provided by our Office of Career Services:
- Individual career counseling appointments are provided to students and alumni on a broad range of career development topics, including general career advice, resumé and cover letter review, and interview skills.
- Quick Question Hour: During the semester, career counselors are available in the lower atrium twice a week to answer student questions.
- Walk-In Hours: Designated times are set aside twice each week for students to meet with a counselor for quick questions that don’t require a full appointment.
- One career counselor works primarily with students interested in public interest careers. This counselor is an active member of the law school’s Public Interest Committee and participates in the planning of public interest events sponsored by the law school and the public interest legal community at large.
- On Campus Interview (OCI) Program: Many of the nation’s leading law firms, as well as federal and state government agencies and corporations, regularly participate in the law school’s recrutiing programs, including the on-campus interview and resumé collect programs.
- Job Postings: Students and alumni have access to the more than 1,500 job listings posted annually to Symplicity, the office’s web-based job posting site.
- Job Fairs: BLSA Job Fair, Boston Lawyers Group Job Fair, Delaware Minority Job Fair, Equal Justice Works Career Fair and Conference, Heartland Diversity Job Fair, Loyola Patent Law Interview Program, National Black Prosecutors Association Job Fair, New Jersey Law Firm Group Job Fair, Northeast BLSA Job Fair, Inc., NYU Public Interest and Public Service Legal Career Symposium, Philadelphia Area Minority Job Fair, VAULT Diversity Job Fair
- Videoconference Interviews: The law school is a member of Law School Connect, allowing students and alumni to interview with employers in other markets via videoconferencing.
- Judicial Clerkship Program: Students are assisted with preparing applications to federal and state court judges for post-graduate employment.
- Externship Programs: These include the New Jersey Attorney General’s Office, federal and state appellate and trial courts, the National Labor Relations Board, Federal Public Defender, the Office of District Counsel of the Bureau of Citizenship and Immigration Services (formerly the INS) or the Immigrants’ Rights Program of the American Friends Service Committee, and the University’s Office of Corporate Liaison and Technology Transfer
- Symplicity access for job postings, OCI, and judicial clerkship information
- Access to the Vault.com online career library
- Access to PSLawNet, the online public interest career resource and job databank.
- OCS Publications, including:
- OCS Handbook
- Sample Resumés, Cover Letter Guidelines, Interviewing Tips, and Sample Questions
- Judicial Clerkship Nuts & Bolts Guide
- OCI Information Packet
- Post-Graduate Fellowship Application Manual
- Public Interest Handbooks
- Subscriptions include: Internships — USA series, Non-Traditional Legal Careers Report, University of Arizona Government Honors and Internships Handbook, The Vermont Guide to State Court Clerkships, Vault Online Career Library, Serving the Public: Harvard’s Public Interest Job Search Guide, Annual NALP Reports
- Dean’s Alumni Practice Series
- Resumé/Cover Letter Workshops
- Interview Workshops
- Videotaped Mock Interview Program (interviews are viedotaped and reviewed with students)
- Individual Practice Area Programming
- Judicial Clerkship Panels
- Public Interest Career Panel
- Brownbag Lunch Sessions on Various Topics
Monday through Thursday:
9:00 am to 5:00 pm
9:00 am to 4:00 pm
*Evening Appointments welcome. Please contact the office to schedule.
Office of Career Services