Women’s Law Forum Sponsors February 5th Panel on Human Trafficking
On Wednesday, February 5, 2014, from 5:30 – 8 pm, the Women’s Law Forum at Rutgers School of Law–Newark will present a panel discussion on “The Awareness and Deterrence of Human Trafficking at Home and Abroad.” The program, which will be held in the Baker Trial Courtroom, has been organized by Tareq G. Brown, Class of 2015.
Panelists will discuss their role in the effort to eradicate trafficking and how their various agencies and non-profit organizations work together to raise awareness and end trafficking.
Speakers will include:
| Read Story
- Kelly Sandler, assistant prosecutor, Essex County Prosecutor’s Office
- Danika Ali, social worker, Client Services Department, the Polaris Project
- Sophia Lane, youth outreach manager, GEMS (Girls Educational & Mentoring Service)
- Donna Youngkin, direct of special initiatives, New Jersey Department of Children and Families
- Keyla Munoz, victim specialist, New Jersey Anti-Trafficking Force, FBI
- Benjamin Hawk, trial attorney, Human Trafficking Prosecution Unit, U.S. Department of Justice